Follow these steps if you know someone with hearing loss
The Signs of Hearing Loss
“Sorry, I didn’t quite catch that… would you mind saying it again?”
Maybe you’ve noticed that questions like that have become more frequent when spending time with a friend or family member but you find it difficult to assess whether they are struggling with a hearing loss. Here then, are a few more signs that may help you:
- Do they complain about people mumbling?
- Do they have difficulty hearing when someone calls them from another room?
- Do they struggle to follow a conversation, especially when there maybe more than one person talking?
- Do they become quieter than normal when in a social gathering?
- Do you sense they’re lip-reading to understand a conversation?
These are all very common indicators that someone has a hearing loss and you are right to be concerned.
Luckily, the person you have in mind has you! And although they may be reluctant, never forget that you can make an amazing difference to both your lives by helping them take the first step to better hearing at AudioClinic.